This year the CUC Annual General Meeting is planned for a single day, Friday, May 18, 2012. The CUC Board will also meet the previous day. Board meetings are open to all members of CUC member congregations.
Board Meetings: Thursday May 17, 9 am–noon, 1 pm–5 pm
Board Resolutions Plenary: Thursday May 17, 7 pm-9 pm
CUC Annual General Meeting: Friday May 18, 9 am-5 pm
If there is unfinished AGM business, the meeting will resume after the Symposium, Monday May 21, 9 am-noon.
Join the Delegate List
Delegates should e-mail their name and congregation to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive important messages between now and the AGM.
- Call To Meeting
- Delegate Registration
- Annual Reports and Minutes
- 2011 Actuals and 2012-2014 Budget
- 2011 Audited Financial Statements
- 2012 First Quarter Income Statement
- CUC Youth Observer to the Board (YOB) Position Description
Report of the Active Democracy Study Group
The CUC Active Democracy Study Group, co-chaired by John Hopewell and Rev. Karen Fraser Gitlitz, created in 2010 to consider democratic processes in the CUC, will present its report, Strengthening Our Democratic Voices, at the 2012 AGM.
Proposed 2012 Resolutions
The resolutions below are final versions, based on feedback received by the Proposers by February 28, 2012.
Please review and discuss these documents as there have been some substantial amendments. There is an Action Plan included for each resolution, suggesting what will be needed in terms of resources and follow up. Past resolutions related to the Environmentally and Socially Responsible Investment resolution have also been provided.
Please note that the CUC Resolutions Process does not allow substantive amendments to resolutions at the AGM. A substantive amendment is anything that would materially change a resolution’s meaning or effect, or enlarge or diminish its scope.
Congregations are encouraged to engage in further discussion, and decide how they wish to instruct their delegates to vote.
- Lay Chaplains
- Proposed CUC Lay Chaplain Resolutions 2012 (PDF)
- Proposed CUC Lay Chaplain Resolutions Action Plan (PDF)
- CUC Policy on Environmental and Socially Responsible Investing
- Proposed CUC Policy on Environmentally and Socially Responsible Investing Resolution 2012 (PDF)
- Proposed CUC Policy on Environmentally and Socially Responsible Investing Resolution Action Plan (PDF)
- Past CUC Socially Responsible Investment Resolutions (PDF)
- Criminal Justice Policy
- Proposed CUC Criminal Justice Resolution 2012 (PDF)
- Proposed CUC Criminal Justice Resolution Action Plan 2012 (PDF)
- Cost of Resolutions
- Memo from Gary Groot (PDF)
For more information or support, please contact the Resolutions Advisory Committee.
More information for Annual General Meeting delegates and attendees will be posted as it becomes available.